The FTF is one of the primary governing bodies for Fair Trade organizations throughout the US and Canada. They outline a nine point value system that federation members must strive to promote and adhere to:
- Creating Opportunities for Economically and Socially Marginalized Producers
- Developing Transparent and Accountable Relationships
- Building Capacity
- Promoting Fair Trade
- Paying Promptly and Fairly
- Supporting Safe and Empowering Working Conditions
- Ensuring the Rights of Children
- Cultivating Environmental Stewardship
- Respecting Cultural Identity
After passing a fairly rigorous interview process lasting much of 2011, it was determined that our vision and practices at Cambodian Threads do indeed align with the FTF value set. Of course, we were confident all along that our company shares these same goals and aspirations, but we are very pleased to be admitted to this fine organization made up of a diverse collection of some of the most interesting and inspiring Fair Trade companies from all sectors of the movement.
We look forward to collaborating further with the Fair Trade Federation and its members, and are excited for what 2012 holds for Cambodian Threads!